In support of ongoing efforts to prevent further COVID-19 transmission within our workforce and to help ensure for Continuity of Operations/Continuity of Government, the county has obtained KN95 masks to help provide for enhanced masking among county employees. These KN95 masks were distributed earlier this week and requests for additional KN95s or 3-layer masks (to assist with double masking) are available to request through departmental Continuity of Operations representatives.
How do I properly use my KN95?
- If possible, wash or sanitize your hands immediately before and after putting your KN95 on and immediately before and after taking it off when planning to reuse it.
- Unfold your mask and flatten the metal nose clip.
- Place the mask over your face, with the bottom below your chin and the nosepiece up.
- Place the straps of the mask over each of your ears.
- Adjust the metal nose clip using fingers from both hands to mold the clip to the shape of your nose.
- Adjust fit as necessary to reduce airflow around the mask.
- Significant facial hair (more than 3-days growth) adversely affects the ability of the KN95 to form a tight seal around your face and thus reduces the KN95’s effectiveness at protecting you from COVID-19. Therefore, parts of your face that come in contact with the KN95 should be free of significant facial hair.
- If you wear glasses and find fogging to be a nuisance, wash the lenses with soapy water and shake off the excess before putting on your mask (wipe off nose piece to minimize skin irritation).